Looking to spice up your boring Taco Tuesday? These shrimp tacos are so good, and perfect for summer! You will be wanting tacos everyday!
FOR THE TACOS:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 lb shrimp, patted dry, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces coleslaw cabbage mix
- 1/4 cup peanuts, unsalted, roughly chopped, lightly toasted
- 4–6 6-inch flour tortillas (8–10 if doubling up the tortillas for the tacos)
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
FOR THE CILANTRO AVOCADO SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- Juice of half a lime
- Pinch of Salt
- Make Cilantro Avocado Sauce: In a food processor, combine all ingredients and puree until smooth. Add more salt to taste. Set aside to chill.
- Rinse jasmine rice with water. Drain. Pour into a small pot with 2 1/2 cups salted water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 12 minutes, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed. Remove from heat, add lime zest and fluff with a fork. Set aside and keep warm.
- While rice is cooking, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet. Over medium high heat, add shrimp, a pinch of salt and pepper, and sauté until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add chili garlic sauce, lime juice and minced garlic. Cook about 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Heat up tortillas. Place a large spoonful of lime jasmine rice and a handful of cabbage coleslaw mix into each tortilla. Top each tortilla with about 4 shrimp plus pan sauce. Drizzle with cilantro avocado sauce, chopped peanuts, and fresh cilantro leaves and serve with a few lime slices.
Does the warm weather and sunshine have you excited for grilling out and tropical flavors? This Hawaiian Chicken and coconut rice will make you feel like you are dining on an island. Just grab your favorite cocktail and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (7-8 pieces)
- 1/2 fresh ripe pineapple
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp Fresh parsley chopped
- In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, fresh garlic and canola oil to create the marinade for the chicken.
- Add chicken and marinade into a zip lock bag, mix well to ensure all chicken tenderloins are covered with marinade. Marinate for 1 hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Grease a grill pan, cast iron grill, charcoal grill, electric grill or nonstick skillet.
- Cook chicken until it reaches 165 degrees F. Flip halfway through. Once chicken is done, brush honey on both sides of the tenderloins and remove.
- Slice pineapple into 1/2-1 inch thick slices and grill on both sides.
- On the stovetop, in a pot, bring to boil rice, water and coconut milk. Once boiled, bring to medium low heat and cook covered (cover with a tight lid and do not open) for ~20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- If using a rice cooker, follow rice cooker instruction. Use 1:1 ratio of coconut milk to water to substitute for the amount of water needed to cook the rice.
- Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
This chicken bake will become a favorite on your dinner table. Only a few steps & ingredients needed to make this easy dish, serve it over pasta or rice and you’ve got yourself a quick & tasty meal for all to enjoy!
- 1 lb chicken breasts, boneless diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or greek yogurt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Grease 9×13 baking pan and place diced chicken on the bottom
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo (or greek yogurt), parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- Spread mixture evenly on top of the chicken
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on mayonnaise mixture
- Place pan in preheated oven at 375 degrees, and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through
- Remove pan from oven and serve chicken over pasta or rice
Don’t let the broccoli scare you, this salad is tasty! It will serve as the perfect side dish to your Easter menu!
5-6 broccoli florets
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
⅔ cup dried cranberries
½ cup crumbled bacon
½ cup salted sunflower seeds
⅓ cup dried diced red onions
¾ cup mayo (you can use olive oil mayo if your prefer)
¼ cup sour cream
1 ½ tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, dried cranberries, bacon, sunflower seeds, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together mayo, sour cream, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper until smooth and well-combined.
- Pour dressing over broccoli combination and toss or stir well.
- Serve. Keep refrigerated if you are not planning to eat right away.
Looking for a new way to change up your side dishes? These green beans are so easy to make, and they are so tasty!
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 eggs whisked
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Dip the green beans into the whisked egg and then into the Parmesan mixture and place on the baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.