Happy Holidays! We’re kicking off the month of December with a christmassy twist on a classic cocktail that you can enjoy all throughout the season! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this is sweet-tart treat is sure to be a hit at your next holiday party.
Homemade Cranberry Syrup (enough for up to 4 cocktails)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey, or 1/2 cup sugar
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz homemade cranberry syrup
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz ginger beer
- lime wedge, optional for garnish
- mint sprig, optional for garnish
- fresh cranberries, optional for garnish
- To make the homemade cranberry syrup, combine the cranberries, water, and honey in a small saucepan and place over medium high heat. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cranberries soften then fall apart.
- Pour the syrup through a fine mesh strainer, and press on the cranberries with a spatula to release as much syrup as possible. Set aside to cool. If the syrup thickens too much add a tablespoon of water at a time. You want the consistency to resemble honey.
- To make one cocktail, combine the vodka, cranberry syrup, and lime juice in a copper mug. Stir to combine. Fill the mug halfway with crushed ice. Pour the ginger beer over the ice and stir one more.
- Top with additional crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of mint, lime wedge, and fresh cranberries. Serve immediately!