Fresh, hearty salads never go out of season. No matter what you’re having, a nice side salad adds a bit of freshness to your meal. A good salad has several elements- veggies, fruits, nuts, and a great dressing. This Autumnal Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad hits all of those points and then some. It’s quick to prepare and serve as a side dish during dinner or make it in the morning to take for a work lunch. Sprinkled with feta cheese and topped with an apple cider dressing, you’ll be dreaming of falling leaves, pumpkin patches, and chilly weather.
- 6 cups of salad mix (try spring mix with arugula and spinach)
- 1 red apple
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup of walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- Wash and chop your apples into thin, bite-size slices
- Combine lettuce, chopped apples, chopped walnuts, feta, and cranberries. Toss together in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar, and whisk or shake well to combine. Store any extra dressing in a sealed container kept in the fridge for up to a week.
- Directly before serving, add dressing to the salad and toss.
This salad is best served immediately and enjoyed fresh! If you have any leftover salad mix, you can keep undressed salad in the fridge for a few days. Enjoy!