Looking for a simple but delicious weekend breakfast? Look no further. This cheesy baked egg toast recipe is the ultimate quick morning bite, packed with protein and lots of flavor. Top with red pepper flakes or drizzle with hot sauce to make it your own! The ingredients are simple…
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- Shredded cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking spray
- Using a butter knife, create a rectangular shaped indent in the center of each bread slice, with the edges close to the crust. Use the tip to press down into each corner, creating the rectangle shape. This allows the egg to stay in place.
- Season the bread with salt and pepper.
- Crack one egg into each slice of bread prepared; seasoning the egg on top.
- Butter the edges of the bread gently, being careful not to touch the egg.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese onto the butter.
- Spray your small baking tray or tin foil with cooking spray before placing into the toaster oven. (If you don’t have a toaster oven, you can place it into a covered saute pan and cook on medium until the cheese is melted and the egg is fried).
- Toast in your toaster oven (or covered saute pan) at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until the egg appears fried. Egg doneness varies based on personal preference, as well as oven variations and elevation.
Enjoy while hot!