Chocolate covered strawberries are a Valentine’s Day classic! Their flavor is simply irresistible. This year, take a fun twist on this traditional treat by incorporating colored candy melts, and lollipop sticks to create a Valentine’s themed chocolate covered strawberry pop!
- Roughly 24 strawberries
- 12 ounces baking chocolate
- 6 ounces pink candy melts
- 6 ounces white candy melts
- 6 ounces red candy melts
- Valentines sprinkles
- 24 lollipop sticks
- First, wash your strawberries. Pinch the stem and leaves off the top of each strawberry and gently insert a lollipop stick in the center. Prepare a piece of styrofoam to hold the pops, by pre-punching 24 holes with one of the sticks.
- Using a double boiler, slowly melt the chocolate over low heat. (Or in the microwave, melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between until thoroughly melted.)
- Dip the strawberries in the chocolate, coating down to the stick. Gently shake off the excess and place in the styrofoam holder to dry.
- Once the chocolate is dry, repeat this process with the colored candy melts, alternating colors, and dipping less deep into the melted chocolate to create colored layers. (You may have to reheat/melt your colored chocolate a few times during this process.)
- After the final dip on each pop, quickly sprinkle the top with Valentine colored sprinkles and place back in the holder to dry. Wrap and put in the fridge to store.