This blueberry muffin recipe is both simple and delicious! These make for a great breakfast on a lazy weekend morning, or bake them during the week to bring with you to work! Either way, you’re sure to love their classic flavor.
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, washed – or 2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees.
- Mix the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking powder, into the butter mixture alternately with the milk.
- Mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter.
- Fold in the remaining whole berries.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill them with batter.
- Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons of sugar over the tops of the muffins, reduce oven heat to 375, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes. When the toothpick comes out clean, you know they’re done!
- Remove muffins from the tin and let them cool for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!