Lemon butter pasta always seems to be a showstopper! This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a family dinner or a date night. The wonderful thing about pasta is the simplicity and ease, yet the flavor payoff is always amazing. In this recipe, you cook the pasta and sauce at the same time, which makes it great for a quick weeknight dinner you can whip up after work or school.
1 lb of tagliatelle pasta, or pasta of your choice
3 tablespoons butter
1 lb of shrimp, deveined and shelled
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 cup cream
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
Handful of parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large bot of boiling water with a pinch of sea salt, until it has reached the consistency you desire. Once drained, save one cup of cooking water.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan over low-medium heat, and cook the shrimp in batches until they are golden brown in color, and slightly opaque. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the shrimp from pan, and set them aside.
- Add the remaining one tablespoon of butter to the pan, along with the crushed garlic and allow it to heat until it is fragrant. Next, pour in the cream, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once combined, allow the sauce to simmer over low heat until the consistency is thick until to stick to the back of a spoon.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the sauce.
- Lastly, add the cooked pasta to the sauce in the pan, along with a little of the cooking water and toss until the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately with slices of lemon and chopped parsley as a garnish. Enjoy!