A warm, hearty pasta dish is a family favorite! Transform plain, boring pasta and make your own creamy, tangy vodka pasta with this simple recipe!
Recipe originally by Pineapple House Rules
- 8 oz. pancetta or bacon, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- ½ cup vodka
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt, plus more for boiling pasta
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb. pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves, torn
- In a large pan or a dutch oven, brown the pancetta or bacon over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and sauté for about 8 minutes, or until softened. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the vodka and stir, scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Next, turn the heat to a medium-low setting, adding in the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta in a large pot with salted water, according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Slowly pour the heavy cream into your tomato sauce, stirring to combine. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Next, add the cooked pasta to the tomato sauce, stir, and cook for another minute. Gently stir in a handful of parmesan cheese if desired, and garnish with basil.
Serve warm and enjoy!