Can’t decide what to have for breakfast? With a mashup recipe like waffle iron french toast, you can get the best of both of these classic breakfast dishes! When combining the rich flavors of french toast with the crispy edges of a waffle, this recipe is sure to become a weekend favorite.
- ½ cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 4 pieces of brioche bread (sliced)
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with a cooking spray
- Whisk together your milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt until combined.
- Dip your bread slices into the egg mixture one at a time, making sure to coat both sides evenly. Use a slotted spatula to allow the excess mixture to drip back into the mixing bowl.
- Place the dipped bread slices onto a rimmed baking sheet and let it sit until the mixture soaks in, about 2 minutes.
- Now, place your slices of dipped bread in the preheated waffle iron. Close the lid gently without forcing it down. Cook until golden brown- about 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat with all your slices
There you have it! A quick, easy way to create wonderfully crispy french toast with minimal cleanup… what’s better than that?