What better way to spend your extra free time than trying out a new recipe? Bread is one of those items we all dream of making, but usually seems too complicated or time-consuming. The perfect compromise: this easy no-knead recipe- besides rise time, it only takes a little over an hour to make!
– 3 cups flour
– 1 ¾ teaspoon coarse grain sea salt
– ½ teaspoon active dry yeast (or instant yeast)
– 1 ½ cups warm water (roughly 110 degrees °F)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and yeast. Pour in the warm water- at 110 degrees- and stir with a wooden spoon* until combined. The dough should be sticky. *Using a wooden spoon rather than a metal spoon is important as to not kill the yeast.*
- Then, cover the dough bowl with plastic wrap and leave it to rise at room temperature for 6-15 hours, ideally overnight.
- Once the dough has risen and you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly flour your hands, and prepare a workspace with flour. Scoop dough out and onto the floured surface. Shape it into a ball and sprinkle flour on top.
- Then, place the dough ball on parchment paper and lightly cover with plastic wrap.
- Using a dutch oven or cast iron pot, place the empty pot with the lid on in the preheated oven for roughly 30 minutes, in order to heat up.
- Once the pot is hot, remove it from the oven. Remove the plastic wrap from on top of the dough ball, and lift the parchment paper along with the dough ball up and into the pot. Cover with the lid and place it in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- After time has passed, remove the lid from the pot and leave it to bake uncovered for another 12-15 minutes. Then, remove from the pot and allow the bread to rest on a wire cooling rack.
- Store bread on the counter for up to a week, or freeze for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
We hope you find success with this easy bake bread recipe and enjoy many baked goods and new recipes over these next few weeks!