Fresh veggie summer rolls make for the perfect healthy summertime snack. With just a few ingredients and a variety of different veggies, these are super simple to whip up. These pair perfectly with a homemade peanut sauce!
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 1 small bell pepper, julienned
- Lettuce leaves
- Handful of mint
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger (or 1/2 teaspoon of dried ginger)
- optional: to make it spicy, add in 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha
- First, prepare your peanut sauce by adding all ingredients into a blender or food processor, and blending until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare your rice paper wraps as you’re ready to roll them by running each wrap under water for 5 seconds each
- 3. Lay the wrap down on a plate and prepare to work quickly, before it starts to stick.
- 4. Lay the green leaves down in the center of the rice paper (Split them into small pieces to make it easier). Stack up all of the veggies, mango, and the mint so that you’re using about ⅛ of the ingredients per roll. Leave 1/2 of an inch clean on the sides so as to not overstuff them.
- 5. Start rolling the wrap from one end and tuck it gently but tightly over the top of the veggies. Fold over the sides and continue to roll.
- 6. Serve with peanut sauce and enjoy immediately! These save for up to one day in the fridge.