Life is better with pets. From cats and dogs to birds and guinea pigs, each come with their own set of needs and… messes. Here are some tips and tricks to keeping your pet happy and healthy, and your home clean:
- Vacuum as often as possible. Unfortunately, Texas is infamous for having bugs everywhere- that includes fleas. Fleas can maneuver their way into your home even if your pet lives inside! Make sure doors and windows are sealed well. Vacuuming will help pick up any fleas or hair.
- Start training when they’re young. Training your cat or dog not to jump onto the couch, bed, table, etc. when they’re young will help instill discipline. You won’t have to try to break an old habit later down the road.
- Use food place mats. Pet stores and online stores carry silicone food mats that will keep water/food off of furniture and your floor.
- Groom your pet often. This will keep fur shedding to a minimum.
- Keep your pet in a low stress environment. This will reduce hyper activity, shedding, and will keep your pet happy and healthy!