There’s no doubt that moving is a hard task. It can be a very chaotic time, and things can either get lost or broken easily. Having a game plan is key. However, the best part of it all is that there is a new house ready to move into.
Here are a few tips to successfully move into your new home:
- Before tackling the task of packing up a room, decide what rooms should go first. It’s probably a better idea to start packing up the guest room or the dining room as opposed to the bathroom or your own bedroom. Keep your home as functional as possible until you are ready to hand off the key!
- Consider your circumstances. If you work full time and have only a little bit of time on the weekends to pack and move, it may be a good idea to hire a mover or call friends for help. Don’t press yourself on time; figure out when you will be able to start packing, then plan for a couple weeks ahead.
- Find cheap (or free) boxes. Don’t worry about spending money on plastic bins or tubs, as you only need something to transport items in from one place to another. Cardboard boxes can be found at grocery stores, hardware stores, and even at post offices. Try asking your local stores if they have any boxes in the back that they would be willing to give out.
- There are many alternatives to expensive bubble wrap. Try using newspaper, old t shirts, or plastic grocery store bags to pack fragile items.
- Lastly, throw out or donate any items that you run across that you don’t need/want anymore. Now is the perfect time to get rid of clutter in your home before you move in to your next home. This will help eliminate the stress of wondering where to put everything once you move in to your new home.