If you love guacamole, look no further! This authentic homemade guacamole is super simple, and makes for a delicious mid-day snack or pre-dinner appetizer that’s quick, healthy and filling!
- 3 large avocados
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped (no stems)
- 1 Jalapeno (about 1 tablespoon), finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or the juice from 3 key limes
- Optional Garnish: cilantro leaves on stems, or sprinkling of Mexican Cotija Cheese
- Chop your onion, tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro
- Slice avocados in half, remove the peels and place the avocado in a large bowl.
- Mash the avocados until the consistency is smooth, or to your preference.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and gently mix all ingredients together.
- Garnish with a few cilantro leaves on stems, or a sprinkling of Mexican Cotija Cheese.
- Serve guacamole with restaurant-style tortilla chips and enjoy!
Tip: If you have extra, squeeze more lime juice on top, cover and store in the fridge for 1-3 days.