Mac & Cheese is the ultimate comfort food and one of the most iconic American dishes. Loved by kids and adults alike, this flavorful recipe is specifically designed to be prepared with an Instant Pot pressure cooker, but can also be made on a stove top. No matter which method you choose, you’ll end up with a big pot of creamy, delicious macaroni.
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 2 cups grated freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Add the uncooked macaroni, vegetable broth, water, butter, garlic powder, pepper, and salt to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the pot and set to sealing. Cook on manual function for 4 minutes.
- Do a quick release
- Prepare your grated cheddar cheese – freshly grated cheddar cheese prevents the Mac and Cheese from becoming too stringy.
- Stir in heavy cream, milk, and cheese, and keep stirring patiently until it turns creamy and thick!
- Enjoy while it’s hot!