We’re only a few weeks out from the biggest food-focused holiday of the year… Thanksgiving! Today we’re sharing a classic side dish with a twist- mashed sweet potatoes infused with maple syrup and cinnamon, to give it just a little something extra! Enjoy this flavor-filled, buttery recipe all throughout the holiday season.
- Roughly 3 pounds of sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Once your sweet potatoes are ready (peeled and cubed), place them in a large pot and cover with water. Boil them for roughly 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender. Test with a fork. Drain the water and return them to the pot. Use a potato masher or hand mixer and mash potatoes.
- Next, mix in the butter, brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and maple syrup with a hand mixer. Mash until you have your desired texture!
This dish stores well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days, and can be stored in the freezer for upwards of 5 months. Enjoy by themselves or share with family and friends as a side dish on Thanksgiving!