An interesting twist on the classic breakfast smoothie! This smoothie is super filling, delicious and will give you the energy you need to conquer your morning. Also, it’s super quick to make- perfect for an easy breakfast before heading out the door. While some ordinary smoothies can leave you feeling hungry in a few hours, this one incorporates oatmeal and nut butter, upping the fiber and protein content to leave you feeling full longer.
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup of any milk- add more for a thinner smoothie
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter- like peanut or almond
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- small pinch of salt
- handful of ice (makes a thicker smoothie)
- Add the oats to the blender first, and pulse until they’re finely ground. Secondly, add in the milk following by the remainder of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and drink while cold!
This is such a simple recipe, but it’s one that will never get old. If you want to get creative, try adding in strawberry or cocoa powder. Stock up on these essential ingredients, and you’ll be able to enjoy a variety of different breakfast smoothie combinations!