Missing those Friday nights at your local Mexican restaurant, with a table full of friends and a margarita in hand? Us too. But desperate times call for desperate measures! Create your own at-home restaurant experience, featuring these chicken fajitas. This a simple weeknight meal full of protein and veggies, and one that kids usually love as well. Serve up a bowl of chips and guacamole as an appetizer, and you’re in for one great meal!
-¼ cup vegetable oil (divided)
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 4 chicken thighs (boneless and skinless)
– 1 red onion, cut into thin strips
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
– 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
– 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
– 2 cloves minced garlic
– 1 lime
– cilantro, to garnish
- Add half of the oil to a large skillet and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Next, add the chili powder, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, and chicken to a small bowl and stir to coat evenly.
- Add the spiced chicken to the hot skillet, and cook until it’s slightly crispy on the outside, and cooked thoroughly on the inside. (roughly 3-4 minutes for each side). Then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil along with the chopped onions, bell peppers and garlic to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken into fajita-size pieces, then add it back to the pan along with the veggies and onions. Squeeze half of a lime over the pan to finish off the dish, then serve!