Try out this fun twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie! When the batter is baked in a sheet pan, it makes it easy to cut bite size cookie bars to have throughout the week! The sheet pan method allows for an even bake and helps you achieve that perfect gooey, golden brown texture.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter- room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips + 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13×18 sheet pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes, until it is smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until combined.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Add a bag of chocolate chips in, and lightly stir in with a wooden spoon until incorporated. The dough will be very thick.
- Spread the thick cookie dough mixture evenly by dropping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and spreading it out with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the mini chips on top of the dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into individual squares, serve and store!